Love me some Caramel Delights, or Samoas, or whatever you call them.
So I wanted to make my own...
First, I knew making the cute little circles with the holes in the middle would take way too long (I wanted cookies NOW). Now I know the picture doesn't look that great, but they sure were tasty!
- So I used a cake pan and made a basic shortbread.
- Directly out of the oven, frosted the entire top surface with melted semi-sweet choc chips
- Once cooled, popped it out of the pan chocolate side down onto some wax paper
- Toasted about 4 cups of coconut (this can be done on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, only takes about 20 min, just remember to toss it continuously)
- Mixed the coconut with some melted caramel candies (I used one pack of Werther's) and spread it over the other side of the giant shortbread cookie
- Melted some more chocolate chips and drizzled over the top
There you have it, a giant Caramel Delight aka Samoa Bars, as in you'll want some mo' a these bars.